Club de badminton La Plume Volante (Embourg) Index du Forum

Club de badminton La Plume Volante (Embourg)

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

Time can't hold 'Footloose' down

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Club de badminton La Plume Volante (Embourg) Index du Forum -> Interclub -> Mixte
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message

MessagePosté le: Mer 14 Fév 2018 - 05:47    Sujet du message: Time can't hold 'Footloose' down Répondre en citant

It was the moment when the Footloose torch was passed. Only it was a piece of precious vinyl that exchanged hands.
Craig Brewer, 39, has a filmmaker with Memphis that authentic Southern Gothic grit seeps through such movies as rap-infused Hustle & Flow and bluesy Black Snake Moan, was ecstatic that he inherited the chance to direct the redo of the 1984 dance-happy classic after High School Kenny Ortega dropped.
See Also:    How to Install Speakers in a Car
"When I was 13, I was blaring the soundtrack on my Walkman, and it was in my ears all the time," he recalls the song that managed to bump Thriller from the top of the charts and produced six Top 40 hits, including the snappy Kenny Loggins title track.
Thanks to MTV at the time, Footloose became a sleeper sensation with box office take totaling about $ 80 million - almost 10 times its budget.
But before he shot a single scene for his remake opening Friday, Brewer felt compelled to have lunch with the Oscar-winning songwriter Dean Pitchford.
Not only did Pitchford write the words to those catchy tunes (including the thrice-rhyming "Please, Louise, pull me off my knees"), he also wrote the screenplay about a town where dancing is forbidden after he was inspired by a 1980 People Elmore City, Okla.
"Craig knows this movie better than I do," says Pitchford, 60, Honolulu-born Broadway baby who appeared in Godspell and Pippin before becoming a lyricist. "It was strange to sit there and hear him repeat dialogue to me .. As a teen, he memorized my movie."
As if giving his blessing to Brewer (who, in turn, gives Pitchford top billing in their shared script credit), he brought along a special gift.
"Footloose," record of Footloose, "Pitchford reveals.
Says Brewer, still awed over his treasure: "It is now one of my most prized possessions." Dean also brought me a cape with "Elmore City." It's a farmer's cap-my style. "
At a time when Hollywood recycling has gotten out of hand, it is rare to find a fresh version of a country that has much attention to preserving it. All along the way, the 1980 musical predecessor to Footloose is also featured lyrics by Pitchford.
What is of utmost importance, says Craig Zadan, a producer on both the new and Footloose? Finding the right balance between nostalgic winks and welcome tweaks in the reeling of city slicker Ren (Kenny Wormald's pro dance for Kevin Bacon), who moves to a small town and rebels against the local dance ban.
Homage, not reshoot
Back then, the director was Herbert Ross, a seasoned master of stars who often teamed with Barbra Streisand (Funny Lady) and Neil Simon (The Goodbye Girl) - worlds apart from Brewer's iconoclastic approach to cinema.
"Says Zadan, who was going through a similar process when translating Chicago and Hairspray on the big screen with Neil Meron. "It's a fine line between homage and reshooting the same movie.

Zadan knew Brewer would be on the right track when he suggested a dramatic change in the opening. The giddy credit sequence that showcases different pairs of dancing feet would be jarringly followed by a horrendous car crash that kills five hard-partying high-schoolers - one of them the only one of the town's preacher. Rev. Shaw Moore (Dennis Quaid Taking Care of John Lithgow) is one of the most popular examples of community-based child care.
It's in stark contrast to the original, where the personal reasons behind the minister's anti-dance stance are not revealed until about two-thirds into the story. "Everyone heard Craig's idea and went, 'Wow,'" says Zadan. "It's a new way of doing things." It also makes the churchgoers seem less sympathetic parents, especially Moore himself.
Footloose feel more grounded. The setting was switched to a fictional white-bread Utah burg to a small rural town in the heart of racially integrated Dixie. As before, Ren's dad is AWOL, but now, the teen has lost his life after tending to her alone. The Southern Flavor of the World, allowing for countrified and soulful renditions of Holding Out for a Hero and Let's Hear It for the Boy.
Purpose Brewer aussi Was keen on Including Countless references and props that link His Footloose to the past, whether it's Ren's yellow VW Bug or the Quiet Riot song That Shrieks out of the car speakers or the red boots sported by Moore's wild-child daughter Ariel ( Dancing With the Stars' Julianne Hough filling in for Lori Singer).
See also:
Some allusions are more subtle, when Wormald sneaks in the phrase "jump back" when the ban is explained to him. When Bacon more pointedly exclaimed it in the original, it was an ad lib, Zadan says.
A more diverse community
Pitchford, who says he was "very pleased" when he was given an early screening of an unfinished print of the new Footloose about three months ago, was most struck by a major disparity between his and Brewer's.
"I was surprised by how truly diverse this bear was," he says. "If anything, Herb Ross and I were intent on doing a timeless fable that was set somewhere out there."
Bacon loyalists may scream "sacrilege" no matter what is on screen. But it's clear that this is the time that Hollywood got it right. "Thoroughly winning," said Entertainment Weekly. "You can not help but move your feet and hum along," says MSN Movies.
It seems that Pitchford, who describes the 2011 Footloose as a collaboration between "What I had written in 1984" and "What's New?", "Gave Brewer something else and a hat during their fateful luncheon.
"The third gift is my friendship with Dean," Brewer says. "I cherish the time getting to know him."

The slicker, the daughter, the hick
Ren, the city slicker gone country
Kenny Wormald, 27
Past work: Music videos for Madonna and Mariah Carey; the movie TV movie Center Stage: Turn It Up
How is your Ren different? "The relationship with his uncle has changed, too." Instead of all the hagered, there's support. "
Director Craig Brewer's take: "You know he would hold his mother's hand when she was dying, hold down three jobs, keep things going at home."
Ariel, the thrill-seeking preacher's daughter
Julianne Hough, 23
Past work: TV's Dancing With the Stars, Burlesque
How is your Ariel different? Father I father Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her Her. Her father is more of a father to the community than he is to her. "
Director's take: "She's a wildcat."
Willard, the sidekick with two left feet
Miles Teller, 24
Past work: Rabbit Hole opposite Nicole Kidman
Related article:
Why he's a better Willard than a Ren. "I never felt like an outsider I could not do it anymore" I guess I do not want to do it anymore "I guess I'm more geared to Willard, but I do not want to wear a pair of overalls. mean, his name is Willard and he wears cowboy boots and a hat, but he gets knocked down, and willing to learn how to dance.
Director's take: "Miles is genuine, he's someone who wants to sit down and have a drink with and girls want to date."
Susan Wloszczyna, USA TODAY

MessagePosté le: Mer 14 Fév 2018 - 05:47    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Club de badminton La Plume Volante (Embourg) Index du Forum -> Interclub -> Mixte Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | faire son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation